Spartacist South Africa No. 13
Repudiate Syriza’s Sellout to the EU!
Repudiate Syriza’s sellout to the EU and the banks. The EU
and its currency the euro have been a tragic trap of suffering for the great
bulk of the Greek people. The EU and euro must be repudiated. Committees composed
of workers from different tendencies and their allies—youth, unemployed, immigrants,
pensioners—must be set up throughout the country to struggle for this and
toward a government which will act in the interests of the working people and
be subordinated to them. This battle cannot be won within a parliamentary
framework. We also call upon all like-minded and class-conscious working people
throughout the misnamed European Union to support us in our aims and to
consider the implications for their own countries. Break with the Capitalists
and their Banks!
Build workers action committees to fight for:
- Cancel the debt! Down with the euro and the EU! Rip up
the Third Memorandum!
- For common class struggle of Greek, German and other
European workers against Schäuble, Merkel, Hollande and all the EU criminals!
- Workers defense guards to smash the fascist threat! Defend
immigrants against racist attacks!
- Abolish the VAT and all regressive taxes! Decent housing
for all, no evictions! For workers control of food distribution and prices!
- Abolish business and bank secrets—Open the books!
- Expropriate the banks, utilities, transportation, ports and
shipping industry! Industrialize Greece!
- For decent pensions for all retirees pegged to the cost of
living, now! Quality health care for all!
- Fight unemployment—Jobs for all through a shorter workweek
with no loss in pay!
Mobilize now! Hand this leaflet out at your workplace,
campuses, neighborhoods, etc.
Initiated by the Trotskyist Group of Greece section of the International
Communist League (Fourth Internationalist) 17 July 2015